20090626

Starting Anew


But where was I to start? The world is so vast, I shall start with the country I know best, my own. But my country is so v
ery large. I had better start with my town. But my town, too, is large. I had best start with my street. No: my home. No: my family. Never mind, I shall start with myself.

Elie Wiesel
Souls on Fire

Starting something new is one of the most difficult thing to do for me. I always have doubts from within that hinders me to move forward. A long list of questions and endless excuses fill my mind. Where should I begin? How will I do it? Will I do good? What will others might say about me if I will do this? I'm too busy. I'm tired from work. Maybe the next
day I'll be ready, or next week, or next month. How about next year?

It leads to nowhere.

Doubting is natural, but it has to end. The end of all doubts is a state of peacefulness. In taking risks we grow. I am now certain that I shall begin with what my inner whispers are. From what is resonating in my mind, from what my eyes have seen, from what my ears have heard, from my very experiences that I have felt, from what I have realized during the moments of silence of my heart and mind.

In stillness and solitude we clearly see our selves. Let's say there's a basin half-filled with water and you keep stirring it with your hand. Will you see a lucid view of your face as you stir the water in it? Absolutely not. But wait until it become stil
l and you shall see your reflection on it. To seek our true and deepest nature is our purpose in life.

What then is our real nature? Love is the answer my friend. I am Love. You are Love. We are all Love. As Leo Buscaglia puts it, "Universal love is not only possible, it is the most complete love of which we are capable as human beings." Let us not view Love from a narrow perspective and box it in limited categories. Love is all-embracing and the most important thing we can do is to begin NOW.

Let us start anew!

3 comments:

  1. Love be with us, kapatid!

    Those who read this, may Love within awaken and inspire them!

    I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes absolutely HARD to START ANEW especially when you are afraid.. but in God ,u will find the word "change" in our lives ;)

    ReplyDelete